Re: xfstests failures with xfs, dax and v4.4-rc3

From: Ross Zwisler
Date: Thu Dec 10 2015 - 23:26:31 EST

On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 09:33:33AM +1100, Dave Chinner wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 09:54:58AM -0700, Ross Zwisler wrote:
> > On Wed, Dec 02, 2015 at 02:39:32PM -0700, Ross Zwisler wrote:
> > > I've verified that this fixes all three failing xfstests reported in this mail.
> > > Thanks!
> >
> > Hey Dave,
> >
> > Are you planning on pushing this fix for v4.4?
>
> No plans to right now - ENOSPC is a corner case that most users
> won't be anywhere near, especially for experimental functionality on
> hardware nobody actually has....

Really? I realize that it may be a case that most users won't actually hit,
but it is a 5 line change that fixes four xfstests regressions between v4.3 and
v4.4 for my DAX testing...

Is there a strong reason *not* to push it in the v4.4 cycle? I'm trying to
clear up all xfstests differences between DAX and non-DAX, and this would help
quite a bit.