Re: Add support of MS Surface

From: Jonathan Corbet
Date: Thu Dec 10 2015 - 10:55:35 EST

On Thu, 10 Dec 2015 19:15:33 +0800
Ting Wang <imlibra925@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I want to add the support of MS Surface.Now there are a patch:
> https://github.com/neoreeps/surface-pro-3

I suspect there are people who would like to have that support, but,
unfortunately, this is not the way to get it into the kernel. If you
truly would like to contribute this work, could trouble to read
Documentation/SubmittingPatches in the kernel tree? A read through
Documentation/development-process/ would also be helpful. Those will tell
you how to get your work into the mainline.

Thanks,

jon