Re: [PSEUDOPATCH] rename is_compat_task

From: Al Viro
Date: Mon Dec 07 2015 - 23:49:47 EST

On Tue, Dec 08, 2015 at 05:36:49AM +0100, Ingo Molnar wrote:

> So are there any deep objections to doing this rename in a single, quick,
> pain-minimized fashion right at the end of the next merge window, when the amount
> of pending patches in various maintainer trees is at a cyclical minimum? We can
> also keep an is_compat_task() migratory define for one more cycle just in case.

Again, what about sparc? There we have both 64bit and 32bit syscalls possible
to issue from the same process *and* no indication which trap had been used;
how do you implement is_compat_syscall() there? There's a TIF_32BIT, which
is used by mmap() and friends, signal delivery, etc., but that's not a matter
of which syscall flavour had been issued. Said that, arch/sparc doesn't use
is_compat_task(); it's open-coded everywhere...