Re: xfstests failures with xfs, dax and v4.4-rc3

From: Dave Chinner
Date: Wed Dec 02 2015 - 15:29:29 EST

On Wed, Dec 02, 2015 at 11:34:38AM -0700, Ross Zwisler wrote:
> I'm hitting a few more test failures in my testing setup with v4.4-rc3, xfs
> and DAX. My test setup is a pair of 4GiB PMEM partitions in a KVM virtual
> machine. Here are the failures:

Which are caused by commit 1ca1915 ("xfs: Don't use unwritten extents
for DAX") because of this code for unwritten extent conversion in
get_blocks:

tp->t_flags |= XFS_TRANS_RESERVE;

It's a minor problem compared to all the other issues DAX has right
now, so I ignored it to get the bigger problem solved first.

Cheers,

Dave.
--
Dave Chinner