RE: overriding ACPI _CRS method

From: Daniel J Blueman
Date: Sun Nov 29 2015 - 22:23:51 EST

On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 11:09 AM, Zheng, Lv <lv.zheng@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

IMO, if you want the new _CRS to be applied during the Linux early boot stage, you can override the table using initrd override or DSDT override mechanism.
Please see Documentation/acpi/initrd_table_override.txt or Documentation/acpi/dsdt-override.txt.

If you want the new _CRS to be applied during Linux runtime, you can override it using method customization mechanism.
Please see Documentation/acpi/method-customizing.txt

The reason I'm trying to adjust this in firmware, is to deliver the right behaviour with pre-built/distro kernels, so I can't use that approach.

Thanks Lv,
Daniel