unmap/blacklist memory page?

From: Turbo Fredriksson
Date: Tue Nov 24 2015 - 11:04:54 EST

I've been reading

http://spectrum.ieee.org/computing/hardware/drams-damning-defects-and-how-they-cripple-computers

today, and although much of it I did know, the fact that it
seems that hard errors are much more common that previously
thought surprised me. And worried me…

I've managed to figure out (I think) how to monitor this
(mcelog), how to actually, live (!!), manage to unmap/blacklist
a sector/page is something I haven't managed to google…

The only thing I've managed to find is how to do this on the
boot prompt/grub config and that's "to late"…

Is there any command that will allow me to do this from the
command line?

I've been looking at the 'edac' module(s), but my

/sys/devices/system/edac/mc

directory is empty (and I don't have a .../pci dir either).

I have both the 'edac_core' and 'i7core_edac' loaded. Do I
need any else? Can't find any in /lib/modules/`uname -r` that
seems to fit the bill…

But in any case, that seems to be reporting only anyway… ?
--
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try!
- Yoda