Linus tree git problems self-modifying code?

From: Jeffrey Merkey
Date: Tue Nov 24 2015 - 00:15:24 EST

If you checkout 4.3 the build it on i386 the following files show up
as modified and tracked after the build completes. I can roll the
files back but isn't this broken? This does mess up my git sync.

[root@aya linux]#
[root@aya linux]#
[root@aya linux]# git status -s
D arch/arm/boot/dts/include/dt-bindings
D arch/arm64/boot/dts/include/dt-bindings
D arch/metag/boot/dts/include/dt-bindings
D arch/mips/boot/dts/include/dt-bindings
D arch/powerpc/boot/dts/include/dt-bindings
T tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/copyloops/copyuser_64.S
T tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/copyloops/copyuser_power7.S
T tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/copyloops/memcpy_64.S
T tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/copyloops/memcpy_power7.S
T tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/primitives/asm/asm-compat.h
T tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/primitives/word-at-a-time.h
T tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/stringloops/memcmp_64.S
T tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/vphn/vphn.c
T tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/vphn/vphn.h
[root@aya linux]#
[root@aya linux]#
[root@aya linux]#

Jeff