MPT2SAS boot fail... due to silently loosing the driver

From: Peter Zijlstra
Date: Mon Nov 23 2015 - 07:46:34 EST

Hi all,

Due to merging the MPT[23]SAS drivers (which undoubtedly is a good
thing) my .config automagically lost its MPT2SAS entries and didn't ask
for MPT3SAS because that was a pre-existing config which I didn't have
selected.

c84b06a48c4d ("mpt3sas: Single driver module which supports both SAS 2.0 & SAS 3.0 HBAs")

Please either create a fake MPT2SAS config that selects the MPT3SAS
driver, or rename the whole thing to MPT23SAS such that we at least get
a relevant question on oldconfig.

Thanks for wasting my morning playing with horribly slow booting
machines trying to figure out WTF it wouldn't go.

~ Peter