Re: nfnetlink warnings

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Mon Nov 23 2015 - 04:55:12 EST

Hi Michael,

On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 10:49:34AM +0100, Michael Wang wrote:
> Why not just initialized it as NULL, or mark it as uninitialized_var()?

because I'd like us to save us the redundant NULL initialization in the
if-case.

I'm not saying any of the approaches are good visually, though. Who
knows, someone might have a better idea like, maybe "Oh, I wanted to
rewrite that code and this handlong is going to be different anyway ..."
or so. Or something to that effect.

Btw, please do not top-post.

Thanks.

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.

ECO tip #101: Trim your mails when you reply.