GFS2: Pull request (merge window)

From: Bob Peterson
Date: Mon Nov 09 2015 - 11:45:44 EST

Hi Linus,

Please consider pulling the following changes for the GFS2 file system.

I added patch #6 at the last minute, so it hasn't had a chance to make
it to linux-next yet, but it fixes a problem related to fs corruption
when block size != page size. I apologize, but I felt the seriousness
of the problem warranted an exception. It's proven to compile and been
tested against a reliable reproducer.

Bob Peterson

The following changes since commit 6ff33f3902c3b1c5d0db6b1e2c70b6d76fba357f:

Linux 4.3-rc1 (2015-09-12 16:35:56 -0700)

are available in the git repository at:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gfs2/linux-gfs2.git tags/gfs2-merge-window

for you to fetch changes up to 31dddd9eb9ebae9a2a9b502750e9e481d752180a:

GFS2: Fix rgrp end rounding problem for bsize < page size (2015-11-09 09:38:02 -0600)

GFS2: merge window

Here is a list of patches we've accumulated for GFS2 for the current upstream
merge window. There are only six patches this time:

1. A cleanup patch from Andreas to remove the gl_spin #define in favor
of its value for the sake of clarity.
2. A fix from Andy Price to mark the inode dirty during fallocate.
3. A fix from Andy Price to set s_mode on mount failures to prevent
a stack trace.
4. A patch from me to prevent a kernel BUG() in trans_add_meta/trans_add_data
due to uninitialized storage.
5. A patch from me to protecting our freeing of the in-core directory
hash table to prevent double-free.
6. A fix for a page/block rounding problem that resulted in a metadata
coherency problem when the block size != page size.

I've got a lot more patches in various stages of review and testing,
but I'm afraid they'll have to wait until the next merge window. So
next time we're likely to have a lot more.

Andreas Gruenbacher (1):
gfs2: Remove gl_spin define

Andrew Price (2):
GFS2: fallocate: do not rely on file_update_time to mark the inode dirty
GFS2: Set s_mode before parsing mount options

Bob Peterson (3):
gfs2: Add missing else in trans_add_meta/data
GFS2: Protect freeing directory hash table with i_lock spin_lock
GFS2: Fix rgrp end rounding problem for bsize < page size

Documentation/filesystems/gfs2-glocks.txt | 6 +--
fs/gfs2/dir.c | 7 ++-
fs/gfs2/file.c | 2 +-
fs/gfs2/glock.h | 4 +-
fs/gfs2/glops.c | 10 ++--