Re: [v3, 3/3] MIPS: VDSO: Add implementations of gettimeofday() and clock_gettime()

From: Leonid Yegoshin
Date: Tue Oct 27 2015 - 17:49:26 EST

For example, On OCTEON single-chip systems we synchronize the the counters and they don't drift. So, we can use CPO.Count. However, on two-chip NUMA configurations there may be clock drift between the two chips, so CPO.Count cannot be used as a clocksource. We have a single kernel image that runs on both types of systems, so we have to be able to enable/disable the gettimeofday() acceleration.

Much more interesting the situation then there are a different clock frequency in different CPUs.

It seems for me that per-thread memory idea may be required soon.

- Leonid