Re: Updated scalable urandom patchkit

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Wed Oct 21 2015 - 07:47:50 EST

On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 04:27:43AM -0400, George Spelvin wrote:
> After having worked out the basics of a non-blocking /dev/urandom read,
> (patches poated; I'm hoping someone will comment on them!), I need to
> work out the crypto.

Can we just use my multi pool patch for now? It works and is actually scalable
and does not require any new "cryptographic research" or other risks.

The main concern I heard was code size. I addressed this in the latest
version by making the new code depend on CONFIG_NUMA, which is generally
not set on small systems.

-Andi