[GIT PULL] Keys bugfixes

From: James Morris
Date: Mon Oct 19 2015 - 22:51:53 EST

Please pull these key susbystem fixes for 4.3, per the message from David
Howells:

"Here are two patches, the first of which at least should go upstream
immediately:

(1) Prevent a user-triggerable crash in the keyrings destructor when a
negatively instantiated keyring is garbage collected. I have also
seen this triggered for user type keys.

(2) Prevent the user from using requesting that a keyring be created and
instantiated through an upcall. Doing so is probably safe since the
keyring type ignores the arguments to its instantiation function -
but we probably shouldn't let keyrings be created in this manner."

---

The following changes since commit 1099f86044111e9a7807f09523e42d4c9d0fb781:

Merge git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net (2015-10-19 09:55:40 -0700)

are available in the git repository at:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jmorris/linux-security.git for-linus

David Howells (2):
KEYS: Fix crash when attempt to garbage collect an uninstantiated keyring
KEYS: Don't permit request_key() to construct a new keyring

security/keys/gc.c | 6 ++++--
security/keys/request_key.c | 3 +++