Re: 32-bit bio regression with 4.3 [was: Re: cgroup/loop Bad page state oops in Linux v4.2-rc3-136-g45b4b782e848]

From: Adam Williamson
Date: Fri Sep 11 2015 - 17:50:46 EST

On Fri, 2015-09-11 at 17:43 -0400, Mike Snitzer wrote:

> Josh and/or Adam: it would _really_ help if the regression test you
> guys
> are using could be handed-over and/or explained to us. Is it as
> simple
> as loading a 32bit with a particular config? Can you share the guest
> image if it is small enough?

The test is 'grab a Fedora 32-bit nightly boot.iso (network install)
image and try and boot it'. You can watch it failing in glorious video
technicolor here (the video is sped up, but you can step through frame-
by-frame to catch the errors):

https://openqa.happyassassin.net/tests/4631/file/video.ogv

you can download an affected image here:

https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/mash/rawhide-20150911/rawhide/i386/os/images/boot.iso

I guess strictly speaking we're only sure it fails when booted in a
qemu-kvm VM, but I think we did hit the previous incarnation in bare
metal testing too (so far I haven't tried the 4.3 incarnation on
metal).

we don't keep the nightly ISOs around forever, but it'll be there for
at least a couple of weeks.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey