[RFC] Generic PHY interface extention for dynamic configuration

From: Shawn Lin
Date: Tue Sep 08 2015 - 22:52:52 EST

Hi Kishon,

Now, Generic PHY framework just provide four interfaces(AKA: init/exit/power_on/power_off). Also, these fours itfs take struct phy as
unique argument.Is it means that the generic PHY framework can't support to modify PHY configuration at run-time for diff cases?
Actually I'm writing some code for supporting emmc controller's phy. And sometimes it indeed need to modify the phy's configuration. But I have no idea about how to deal with it in current framework. So I send this RFC to you and mailing.

Thanks.

--
Best Regards
Shawn Lin