Re: Build Breaks on x86_64 allmodconfig

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Tue Sep 08 2015 - 18:44:56 EST

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 3:13 PM, nick <xerofoify@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am assuming we are moving to ssl verification then I take it.

No, it's just that the signature was previously added with a perl
script that actually executed "openssl rsautl" as a subprocess. So we
used to use openssl before too, just not the libraries but the openssl
binary.

So the kernel used to need the "openssl" package, and you just had
that installed for other reasons.

That perl script is now a C program that uses openssl-devel instead
(and does more and different things than the perl script did). So now
the build needs openssl-devel.

Linus