Re: [GIT] Networking

From: David Miller
Date: Thu Sep 03 2015 - 13:40:38 EST

From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2015 09:45:44 -0700

> But happily gcc has a really really valid warning (kudos - I often end
> up ragging on the bad warnings gcc has, but this one is a keeper),
> because a few lines down the mistake then turns into pure and utter
> garbage.

I really wish my GCC had emitted a warning for this, I'm on 4.9.2 here:

[davem@localhost linux]$ make net/mac80211/rate.o
CHK include/config/kernel.release
CHK include/generated/uapi/linux/version.h
CHK include/generated/utsrelease.h
CHK include/generated/bounds.h
CHK include/generated/timeconst.h
CHK include/generated/asm-offsets.h
CALL scripts/checksyscalls.sh
CC [M] net/mac80211/rate.o
[davem@localhost linux]$

Linus, what GCC version are you using and what does the warning look
like?

Anyways, Johannes please get this fixed, thanks.