RE: [scsi 5/7 RESEND] scsi_debug: schedule_resp fix input variable check

From: Winkler, Tomas
Date: Tue Aug 25 2015 - 17:04:12 EST

> > + /* this should never happen */
> > + if (WARN_ON(!cmnd))
> > + return SCSI_MLQUEUE_HOST_BUSY;
> >
> > - if (NULL == cmnd || NULL == devip) {
> > - pr_warn("called with NULL cmnd or devip pointer\n");
> > + if (NULL == devip) {
> > + pr_warn("called devip == NULL\n");
> > /* no particularly good error to report back */
> > return SCSI_MLQUEUE_HOST_BUSY;
> > }
>
> Please refer to the patch I just posted, we can't return _HOST_BUSY here
> if devip == NULL. I posted a fix against the current "misc" branch as
> I don't see this patch applied, let me know if I need to update it.

I'm just not sure why the patches are not merged or even rejected.
I'm submitting patches to the Linux kernel for more than 10 years to various trees and I can agree that these are not some urgent fixes, but this is the first time my effort is ignored for such long time by the maintainer.

Thanks
Tomas