Re: V4.1-RC build error after commit 77a3c6f

From: Larry Finger
Date: Sun Jul 12 2015 - 21:35:40 EST

On 07/12/2015 06:10 PM, Laurent Pinchart wrote:
Hi Larry,

Thank you for the report.

On Saturday 11 July 2015 16:27:36 Larry Finger wrote:
Beginning with the commit in the subject, I get the following build error:

CC [M] drivers/media/v4l2-core/videobuf2-core.o
drivers/media/v4l2-core/videobuf2-core.c: In function
âvb2_warn_zero_bytesusedâ: drivers/media/v4l2-core/videobuf2-core.c:1253:2:
error: implicit declaration of function â__WARNâ
[-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
__WARN();
^
cc1: some warnings being treated as errors

My .config is attached.

Indeed, __WARN isn't defined when CONFIG_BUG isn't set. My bad :-/

I've send a patch to fix this (you've been CC'ed), could you please review it
?

And I've just noticed that I forgot to add your Reported-by: tag, please feel
free to add it to the review.

I added my "Acked-by:" for the __WARN to WARN_ON part. In addition, the rest looks good.

I do not need a Reported-by to be added. I'm a volunteer, thus it does not matter how many times my name is mentioned. Another one will never increase my remuneration.

I have also submitted a patch to make certain that __WARN is defined even when CONFIG_DEBUG is not defined. It may not be accepted, but if it does, no one else will be caught this way.

Larry