how to debug watchdog reset problems

From: Ryan
Date: Thu Jul 09 2015 - 16:09:56 EST

Hello,

I am using a 3.10 kernel on a product. As soon as i get the shell
prompt is displayed - The serial console freezes indicating an
apparent hang
and watchdog does a hardware reset.

I wanted to check if there is a way of debugging such an issue. I know
that record saying "entering function" and "exiting function"
somewhere
in the memory which i could access after reset and then find out who
cause the freeze.

However, then i need to add such an instrumentation to the whole
kernel. which is very time consuming and a real pain.

Could anyone suggest a better way of debugging kernel freeze.

Thanks and Regards,
Ryan.