Re: perf/ftrace: fuzzer triggers another warning with PERF_EVENT_IOC_SET_FILTER

From: Vince Weaver
Date: Fri Jun 19 2015 - 15:25:22 EST

On Fri, 19 Jun 2015, Vince Weaver wrote:

> OK, fuzzing found another test case, this one I can reproduce using perf:

and I'm wrong, I wasn't reproducing it with perf, I was looking at the
wrong window :(

So weird, definitely I can trigger this warning, but it's not reproducible
with the fuzzer or with manually trying things. I'm not really sure how
that can happen.

Is it possible that two processes might try to update the preds
linked-list for an event's filter simultaneously? So this might be a
hard-to-trigger race condition? But I don't think the fuzzer actually
ever has two threads trying to do ioctl at the same time. hmmm.

Vince