Re: perf/ftrace: fuzzer triggers another warning with PERF_EVENT_IOC_SET_FILTER

From: Vince Weaver
Date: Thu Jun 18 2015 - 17:13:04 EST

On Thu, 18 Jun 2015, Steven Rostedt wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Jun 2015 19:32:26 -0400 (EDT)
> Vince Weaver <vincent.weaver@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > The fuzzer triggered another warning in the PERF_EVENT_IOC_SET_FILTER
> > code. This is with the previous filter patch applied.
> >
> > >From what I can tell the filter was:
> > nfs4:nfs4_fsinfo
> > (((fhandle~601)&&valid&809)&&common_type>=860)
>
> Hmm, I can't trigger this with the filter file, can you?
>
> echo '(((fhandle~601)&&valid&809)&&common_type>=860)' > \
> /sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/nfs4/nfs4_fsinfo/filter
>
> I'll write a user app to use the perf syscall and see if that is
> different, but in the mean time, can you try the above.

I can't seem to replicate this with perf or echo.

Unfortunately I made many changes to the fuzzer since hitting the bug so
it's a bit hard to replicate with the fuzzer. I'll keep fuzzing and see
if I can hit it again.

As an aside, I can't find any documentation of how the "~" glob operator
works in ftrace filters. Can you give a quick example of a valid filter
that uses it?

Thanks,

Vince