Re: Possible broken MM code in dell-laptop.c?

From: Michal Hocko
Date: Tue Jun 16 2015 - 03:43:29 EST

On Tue 16-06-15 09:15:23, Pali Rohár wrote:
[...]
> Michal, thank you for explaining this situation!
>
> Darren, I will prepare patch which will fix code and use __free_page().
>
> (Btw, execution on fail_rfkill label caused kernel panic)

I am sorry, I could have made it more clear in the very first email.
A panic is to be expected because free_page will translate the given
address to a struct page* but this is what the code gave it. So an
unrelated struct page would be freed (or maybe an invalid one).

--
Michal Hocko
SUSE Labs