Re: kexec_load(2) bypasses signature verification

From: Theodore Ts'o
Date: Mon Jun 15 2015 - 09:17:41 EST

On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 08:14:19AM -0400, Josh Boyer wrote:
> Yes, which is why most of the distro vendors carry an out-of-tree
> patch that disables the old kexec in an SB setup. It would be nice if
> we could merge said patches. However, they depend on Matthew's
> secure_modules/trusted_kernel/<whatever name that works> patchset
> which has gotten little movement since we came up with a tentative
> agreement at LPC 2013.

Signed modules is in, though, right? And the fact that we have
CONFIG_SIGNED_PE_FILE_VERIFICATION means we're doing unatural file
signatures w/o using ELF, which I thought was the basis of Linus's
accusation that Red Hat was performing intimate/physical acts with
Microsoft. :-)

I would have thought those were the nasty bits to get in; out of
curiosity, what's still missing?

Regards,

- Ted