Re: [42/73] rtc: delete non-required instances of include <linux/init.h>

From: Alexandre Belloni
Date: Tue Jun 09 2015 - 03:50:01 EST

On 08/06/2015 at 17:06:34 -0400, Paul Gortmaker wrote :
> > I've contemplated applying that patch but I'm not sure it is actually a
> > good idea because those 46 drivers are using a variant of module_driver
> > which actually uses __init and __exit. After your patch it is still
> > working simply because init.h gets included that way:
>
> Firstly, I am kind of curious why an 18 month old patch is getting
> replied to now. That aside, this interdependence between module.h and
> init.h was reconsidered and you can see the resolution solution here:
>
> https://lkml.kernel.org/r/1433276168-21550-1-git-send-email-paul.gortmaker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> To summarize what is said there, yes - you can ignore the one line
> removals for now. We will revisit them after the above is merged.

I've taken the RTC subsystem maintainership and I've been sorting the
2372 patches left in patchwork down to 126 and yours was one of these.

Seeing your answer, I think my question was legitimate. I'll be happy to
take your revised patch once ready.

--
Alexandre Belloni, Free Electrons
http://free-electrons.com