Re: [RFC v1] tree-wide: remove "select FW_LOADER" uses

From: Luis R. Rodriguez
Date: Fri May 22 2015 - 19:03:01 EST

On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 3:33 PM, Herbert Xu <herbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, May 23, 2015 at 12:22:00AM +0200, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
>> Kind of, the issue actually was a new component which depends on FW_LOADER
>> and has crypto dependencies. Since the qat crypto driver selects FW_LOADER
>> but also has a set of crypto dependencies that creates a recursive dependency
>> loop.
>
> Actually, how about making FW_SIG select FW_LOADER instead of
> depending on it? I think this should break the cycle.

Indeed, it does. Kind of odd, but works - and well if others run into
the recursive issue then we have two diverging solutions now:

a) Either swap all "select FOO" to "depends on FOO" or,
b) Change the offending "depends on FOO" to "select FOO"

So sticking to one seems to make Kconfig happy for recursive
dependency solving for now...

Luis