RE: [RFC 0/3] Mirrored memory support for boot time allocations

From: Luck, Tony
Date: Mon May 18 2015 - 13:42:50 EST

> Is it means that you will create a new zone to fill mirrored memory, like the
> movable zone, right?

That's my general plan.

> I think this will change a lot of code, why not create a new migrate type?
> such as CMA, e.g. MIGRATE_MIRROR

I'm still exploring options ... the idea is to use mirrored memory for kernel allocations
(because our machine check recovery code will always crash the system for errors
in kernel memory - while we can avoid the crash for errors in application memory).
I'm not familiar with CMA ... can you explain a bit how it might let me direct kernel
allocations to specific areas of memory?

-Tony