Re: what's cooking in zram for 4.1

From: Karel Zak
Date: Mon May 18 2015 - 05:37:01 EST

On Sat, May 09, 2015 at 01:21:48PM +0900, Sergey Senozhatsky wrote:
> There will be some user-space visible changes in zram 4.1 we'd love to let you know
> about.

> -- /sys/block/zram<id>/mm_stat
>
> The stat file represents device's mm statistics. It consists of a single
> line of text and contains the following stats separated by whitespace:
> orig_data_size
> compr_data_size
> mem_used_total
> mem_limit
> mem_used_max
> zero_pages
> num_migrated

OK, zramctl(8) code in util-linux git tree supports mm_stat file now.
It's able to fallback to the original /sys/block/zram<id>/<attr> if
mm_stat does not exist. The change will be available in v2.27 (~Aug 2015).

I have also added support for MEM-LIMIT, MEM-USED and MIGRATED columns.

Karel

--
Karel Zak <kzak@xxxxxxxxxx>
http://karelzak.blogspot.com