Re: [RFC 3/3] x86, mirror: x86 enabling - find mirrored memory ranges and tell memblock

From: Xishi Qiu
Date: Mon May 18 2015 - 04:09:53 EST

On 2015/2/4 6:40, Tony Luck wrote:

> Can't post this part yet because it uses things in an upcoming[*] ACPI, UEFI, or some
> other four-letter-ending-in-I standard. So just imagine a call someplace early
> in startup that reads information about mirrored address ranges and does:

Hi Tony,

Does the upcoming[*] ACPI will add a new flag in SRAT tables? just like memory hotplug.

#define ACPI_SRAT_MEM_HOT_PLUGGABLE (1<<1) /* 01: Memory region is hot pluggable */
+#define ACPI_SRAT_MEM_MIRROR (1<<3) /* 03: Memory region is mirrored */

acpi_numa_memory_affinity_init()
hotpluggable = ma->flags & ACPI_SRAT_MEM_HOT_PLUGGABLE;
+ mirrorable = ma->flags & ACPI_SRAT_MEM_MIRROR;
+ if (mirrorable)
+ memblock_mark_mirror(start, size);

Thanks,
Xishi Qiu