Re: xfs: does mkfs.xfs require fancy switches to get decent performance? (was Tux3 Report: How fast can we fsync?)

From: Daniel Phillips
Date: Wed May 13 2015 - 16:38:26 EST

On Wednesday, May 13, 2015 1:25:38 PM PDT, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
Am Mittwoch, 13. Mai 2015, 12:37:41 schrieb Daniel Phillips:
On 05/13/2015 12:09 PM, Martin Steigerwald wrote: ...

Daniel, if you want to change the process of patch review and inclusion into the kernel, model an example of how you would like it to be. This has way better chances to inspire others to change their behaviors themselves than accusing them of bad faith.

Its yours to choose.
What outcome do you want to create?

The outcome I would like is:

* Everybody has a good think about what has gone wrong in the past,
not only with troublesome submitters, but with mutual respect and
collegial conduct.

* Tux3 is merged on its merits so we get more developers and
testers and move it along faster.

* I left LKML better than I found it.

* Group hugs

Well, group hugs are optional, that one would be situational.

Regards,

Daniel