Re: Why isn't IRQ shared for i2c-ocore

From: Lee Jones
Date: Thu May 07 2015 - 03:02:00 EST

> I have a follow up question regarding interrupt. I see many I2C bus drivers
> request interrupt with flag = 0. Why not using IRQF_SHARED?

Probably because that particular IRQ is only used by the I2C
Controller. I'm not exactly sure that you're getting at? Why do you
think it should be shared? You should only flag it as shared if it
is.

> I understand the performance concern. If there is any other reason, I want to
> know about it before I go too far on my driver.

This sort of stuff is trivial to fix and shouldn't stand in the way
of you writing and submitting v1 of your driver.

--
Lee Jones
Linaro STMicroelectronics Landing Team Lead