how to have the kernel do udev's job and autoload the right modules ?

From: linux cbon
Date: Mon May 04 2015 - 01:31:40 EST

Hi,

I am experimenting a rc.sysinit without udev.
Only creating /dev with mount -t devtmpfs dev /dev
It also mounts /proc and /sys and /tmp and /var .
So the kernel boots up loading a lot of hardware, but some important
modules are not loaded , like sound, network and video.
I am not sure how to have them auto loaded by the kernel without udev ?
I though kernel would have some kind of auto-loading of the right
modules, without needing any help like udev.
I don't know the simplest and easiest way to achieve this ?
Thanks for your help.

Best regard.