Re: [GIT PULL] kdbus for 4.1-rc1

From: Austin S Hemmelgarn
Date: Wed Apr 29 2015 - 11:41:58 EST

On 2015-04-29 11:07, Harald Hoyer wrote:
Most of the stuff does not work without udev and something like systemd.

That's funny, apparently the initramfs images I've been using for multiple
months now on server systems at work which don't have systemd, udev, or dbus,
and do LVM/RAID assembly, network configuration, crypto devices, multipath,
many different filesystems, and a number of other oddball configurations due to
the insanity that is the software I have to deal with from our company, don't
work. I wonder how my systems are booting successfully 100% of the time then?

Then you should probably open source your initramfs, so we can all benefit from
it and use it for all distributions.

It's (mostly, aside from a couple of overlays to deal with the hoops I have to jump through to get some of our software working) just the standard one generated by Gentoo's 'genkernel' program (specifically the version from the genkernel-ng package), although now that I actually look at it, it might have udev in it, although I'm certain the ones that I have don't have systemd or dbus.