Re: [GIT PULL] kdbus for 4.1-rc1

From: Havoc Pennington
Date: Tue Apr 28 2015 - 10:48:53 EST

btw if I can make a suggestion, it's quite confusing to talk about
"dbus" unqualified when we are talking about implementation issues,
since it muddles bus daemon vs. clients, and also since there are lots
of implementations of the client bindings:

http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/DBusBindings/

For the bus daemon, the only two implementations I know of are the
original one (which uses libdbus as its binding) and kdbus, though.

I would expect there's no question the bus daemon can be faster, maybe
say 1.5x raw sockets instead of 2.5x, or whatever - something on that
order. Should probably simply stipulate this for discussion purposes:
"someone could optimize the crap out of the bus daemon". The kdbus
question is about whether to eliminate this daemon entirely.

Havoc