Re: [GIT PULL] kdbus for 4.1-rc1

From: Andy Lutomirski
Date: Mon Apr 27 2015 - 17:40:33 EST

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 2:32 PM, Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 6:50 AM, Lukasz Skalski <l.skalski@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> To perform tests I've created two simple apps:
>>
>> - server: http://fpaste.org/215157/
>> - client: http://fpaste.org/215156/
>
> So since Andy reported that dbus seems to be a few orders of magnitude
> too slow, I tried to build these apps to see what it even does.
>
> They don't buidl on F21. You seem to be using features that are too
> new to exist even in fairly modern distros:
>
> server.c:47:24: error: âG_BUS_TYPE_USERâ undeclared
>
> so I can't even see what dbus does *now*.

Change "USER" to "SESSION". Build with:

gcc -Wall -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib64/glib-2.0/include -o
client client.c -lglib-2.0 -ldbus-glib-1 -ldbus-1 -lgobject-2.0
-lglib-2.0 -ldbus-1 -lgio-2.0

The again with s/client/server/

For all I know, the USER vs SESSION distinction matters, but I can't
imagine why.

> That said, either you're running your test on a potato, or dbus is
> seriously screwed up. No way should it take 4+ seconds to send a 1000b
> message to back and forth 20k times. But as mentioned, I can't even
> see what it's doing right now.

Whee! I'm typing this email on a potato!

--Andy