Re: [LKP] [fanotify] 66ba93c0d7f: i6300esb: Unexpected close, not stopping watchdog!

From: Lino Sanfilippo
Date: Fri Apr 24 2015 - 16:52:55 EST

On 24.04.2015 19:42, Andrew Morton wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Apr 2015 14:25:38 +0800 Huang Ying <ying.huang@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> FYI, we noticed the below changes on
>>
>> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git master
>> commit 66ba93c0d7fe63def447ad0afe380307ff9ebcad ("fanotify: don't set FAN_ONDIR implicitly on a marks ignored mask")
>>
>> When doing LTP test. Test system hang after doing some fanotify test cases, while system
>> can run to reboot in the parent comments.
>
> Thanks. I've queued a reversion patch. I'll hold off sending it to
> Linus for a while, to see if we can get this fixed up.
>

> What does "hang" mean? Was the machine all locked up? Or is it the
> case that the particular LTP test failed to complete? I suspect the
> latter - that the new notify behaviour is differing from LTP's
> expectation in some fashion?

Hi,

I think your suspicion is right, it looks like an issue that has been
reported a few weeks ago:

The reason was not in kernel code though (as assumed by the reporter)
but a missing FAN_ONDIR in the code of the fanotify02 test case (that
flag was not needed before since it was set implicitly under certain
conditions - see the commit message of
66ba93c0d7fe63def447ad0afe380307ff9ebcad for details). The code has been
fixed in the latest version of LTP. I tested fanotify with this version
(20150420) and all tests passed.
Huang could it be that you did not use the latest LTP?

Regards,
Lino