Re: SATA link power management issues

From: Tejun Heo
Date: Tue Apr 21 2015 - 11:31:34 EST

On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 10:02:12PM +0200, Gabriele Mazzotta wrote:
> On Sunday 22 February 2015 21:53:35 Gabriele Mazzotta wrote:
> > It seems that the following patch prevents errors when the policy is
> > changed. Could anybody explain why?

The device is generating a spurious PHY event after LPM state change
and the patch is ignoring the event once after state change. It's a
bit too specific. Maybe we should do this timeout-based - e.g. ignore
phy events for 1s after LPM state change. Gabriele, would be
interested in making such changes?

Thanks.

--
tejun