Re: Help with debugging intermittent crash on resume from hibernation

From: Mike Galbraith
Date: Sat Apr 18 2015 - 01:08:49 EST

On Fri, 2015-04-17 at 21:13 -0700, Nikolaus Rath wrote:
> On Apr 17 2015, Mike Galbraith <umgwanakikbuti@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Fri, 2015-04-17 at 20:15 -0700, Nikolaus Rath wrote:
> > >
> > > Is there anything I can do to help debug this issue?
> >
> > You could try to bisect it, but judging from the problem
> > description,
> > that could be more like a career than a troubleshooting session.
>
> Furthermore, I have yet to find a kernel version that does *not*
> exhibit
> the problem (I went back to 3.14).

My solution would be don't do that then. Hibernation doesn't save
much time anyway, so is worth zero annoyance.

I would like to be able to suspend, but went from GeForce 8600 GT in
old box that suspended great, resumed not at all to GeForce GTX 980 in
new box which suspends great and resumes not at all, and is supported
by nothing that makes eyecandy, so I have roughly a zillion unused
transistors. The thing occupies nearly the same volume of space as my
laptop... but lappy doesn't have sexy big green leds to remind me that
it's a Satellite lest I forget :)

-Mike