Re: [GIT PULL] kdbus for 4.1-rc1

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman
Date: Mon Apr 13 2015 - 16:03:16 EST

On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 09:57:24PM +0200, Richard Weinberger wrote:

> Am 13.04.2015 um 21:54 schrieb Greg Kroah-Hartman:
> > On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 09:49:27PM +0200, Richard Weinberger wrote:

> >> Wasn't this also an argument for CONFIG_CGROUPS?
> >> Now we're forced to enable it by default to boot a recent distro
> >> and CONFIG_CGROUPS is still not fixed.
> >
> > CONFIG_CGROUPS is "not fixed"? I think Tejun would like to have some
> > words with you :)
>
> Tejun is working on it and does a *very* good job. But as long the unified
> hirarchy is not complete/stable we're facing issues.
> Ever tried to run systemd a linux container? ;)

Works just fine for me, I do it daily. Here's how I spin up a debian
image on my local filesystem, running systemd within it just swimmingly:
sudo systemd-nspawn -D debian/ /sbin/init

Also works just fine with gentoo and arch images, both of which I use on
a weekly basis in this manner.

Perhaps you are doing something odd that prevents this from working for
you?

thanks,

greg k-h