Re: [GIT PULL] irqchip: Core changes for v4.1 (round 3)

From: Marc Zyngier
Date: Sat Apr 11 2015 - 06:02:33 EST

Hi Jason,

On 2015-04-11 00:45, Jason Cooper wrote:
Thomas,

This is the big one. With this pull request, we remove the legacy hack
gic_arch_extn, and all users of it. Replacing it with proper
representations via stacked domains. Due to the potentially disruptive
nature of this series, I've taken several precautions to make sure all
interested folks are informed and had plenty of chance to object or
recommend other courses of action. You're receiving this because there
have been no objections. ;-)

Note that I have held onto the patch[1] that actually *removes* gic-arch_extn
from the GIC code, just in case we need to perform a last minute revert.
We can merge that one patch later, once the dust has settled (I don't
expect much noise, but who knows...).

[...]

A tremendous "Thank you!" to Marc for putting forth all the effort to
create this series and his gentle 'prodding' to move it along. :)

Well, I'll be thanking you for getting this merged, as well as the various
maintainers who have contributed reviews, fixes and improvements to this
most disruptive series. This is teamwork! ;-)

Cheers,

M.

[1]: http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2015-January/315405.html
--