Re: linux-next: manual merge of the akpm-current tree with the tile tree

From: Chris Metcalf
Date: Tue Apr 07 2015 - 13:51:59 EST

On 04/07/2015 07:21 AM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
Hi Andrew,

Today's linux-next merge of the akpm-current tree got a conflict in
kernel/watchdog.c between commit e164ade07b21 ("watchdog: add
watchdog_exclude sysctl to assist nohz") from the tile tree and commits
e0afaab242da ("watchdog: introduce separate handlers for parameters
in /proc/sys/kernel"), 866d62a433cc ("watchdog: enable the new user
interface of the watchdog mechanism") and 09d1b2261fcc ("watchdog:
clean up some function names and arguments") from the akpm-current tree.

I fixed it up (see below, but it may need more work) and can carry the
fix as necessary (no action is required).

Thanks for the fixups.

I have removed the patch from the tile tree after rebasing it to the tip of
linux-next so as to properly handle the just-updated refactoring
in watchdog.c by Uli.

It probably makes most sense if Andrew can pick it up once
it has baked a bit longer on LKML and he can send it to you
that way.

--
Chris Metcalf, EZChip Semiconductor
http://www.ezchip.com