Re: [ANNOUNCE] 3.18.7-rt2

From: Sebastian Andrzej Siewior
Date: Thu Feb 26 2015 - 05:53:14 EST

* Mike Galbraith | 2015-02-26 09:02:05 [+0100]:

>I found what was breaking my core2 lappy in 4.0-rt as well, namely the
4.0-rt? So you are a time traveler?

>locking, ww_mutex: fix ww_mutex vs self-deadlock
>
>If the caller already holds the mutex, task_blocks_on_rt_mutex()
>returns -EDEADLK, we proceed directly to rt_mutex_handle_deadlock()
>where it's instant game over.

The EDDEADLK / ELREADY seem to got broken duering the rtmutex rework.
Now I see:
| Wound/wait tests |
ww api failures: ok | ok | ok |
ww contexts mixing: ok | ok |
finishing ww context: ok | ok | ok | ok |
locking mismatches: ok | ok | ok |
EDEADLK handling: ok | ok | ok | ok | ok | ok | ok | ok | ok | ok |
spinlock nest unlocked: ok |

with no backtrace from the ww code which I haven't seen before that
patch. Applied.

Sebastian