Re: [Patch] sunrpc: NULL utsname dereference on NFS umount during namespace cleanup

From: Nix
Date: Fri Jan 30 2015 - 19:44:36 EST

On 30 Jan 2015, Trond Myklebust uttered the following:

> On Sun, 2015-01-25 at 16:55 -0500, Trond Myklebust wrote:
>> On Sun, Jan 25, 2015 at 4:06 PM, Bruno PrÃmont
>> <bonbons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > On a system running home-brown container (mntns, utsns, pidns, netns)
>> > with NFS mount-point bind-mounted into the container I hit the following
>> > trace if nfs filesystem is first umount()ed in init ns and then later
>> > umounted from container when the container exists.

I'm not using containers, but I *am* extensively bind-mounting
NFS filesystems, which probably has the same net effect.

> I was rather hoping that Bruno would fix up his patch and resend, but
> since other reports of the same bug are now surfacing... Please could
> you all check if something like the following patch fixes it.

I have to wait for another of those xprt != 0 warnings, I think. I've
had a couple of clean reboots, but I had the occasional clean reboot
even before this patch.

I'll let it run overnight and give it a reboot in the morning.

--
NULL && (void)