perf data convert error

From: Divya Vyas
Date: Tue Jan 20 2015 - 06:47:57 EST

Hi,

I am getting one error while converting the perf.data to CTF format .

./perf data convert -i perf.data --to-ctf dv_ctf
./perf: symbol lookup error: ./perf: undefined symbol:
bt_ctf_stream_class_get_packet_context_type

While I created perf binary and below is the output :

make DEBUG=1 LIBBABELTRACE_DIR=/opt/libbabeltrace/
BUILD: Doing 'make -j4' parallel build
config/Makefile:139: The path 'python-config' is not executable.
config/Makefile:507: Missing perl devel files. Disabling perl
scripting support, consider installing perl-ExtUtils-Embed
config/Makefile:538: No python-config tool was found
config/Makefile:538: Python support will not be built
config/Makefile:610: No bfd.h/libbfd found, install
binutils-dev[el]/zlib-static to gain symbol demangling

Auto-detecting system features:
... dwarf: [ on ]
... glibc: [ on ]
... gtk2: [ on ]
... libaudit: [ on ]
... libbfd: [ OFF ]
... libelf: [ on ]
... libnuma: [ on ]
... libperl: [ OFF ]
... libpython: [ OFF ]
... libslang: [ on ]
... libunwind: [ on ]
... libdw-dwarf-unwind: [ on ]
... libbabeltrace: [ on ]
... zlib: [ on ]
... DWARF post unwind library: libunwind