Re: linux-next: bad commit in the luto-misc tree

From: Andy Lutomirski
Date: Sun Jan 04 2015 - 18:42:58 EST

On Sun, Jan 4, 2015 at 3:35 PM, Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Andy,
>
> I noticed commit 7d032e5b1042 ("[TEST ONLY] Force RCU NMI nesting") has
> no Signed-off-by ... I understand that this is for testing, but that
> is *not* what linux-next is really for. Especially given that that
> commit is x86 only, it should be used for unit testing. not a wider
> audience like this.

Sorry. I totally failed here. I swear I rebased onto the latest RCU
tree, double-checked it, and pushed that exact revision to luto/next.
Somehow I pushed a much older development commit. I have no idea how
I did that. I didn't even know I still had that commit around at all.

Fixed now, I think. Next time I will push to luto/next and
double-check that I pushed the commit I thought I pushed.

Sorry for causing trouble.

--Andy

> I am also not sure about 9f29ed3365cd ("[DO NOT APPLY] rcu: Make
> rcu_nmi_enter() handle nesting") ... (it is, in particular, not
> Signed-off-by the committer, you).
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Stephen Rothwell sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx