Re: fanotify bug on gdb -- hard crash

From: Eric Paris
Date: Tue Dec 30 2014 - 19:22:17 EST

On Mon, 2014-12-29 at 13:06 +0800, ivo welch wrote:
> thank you, eric. will do. I read up on it above and now understand it better.

Great let us know if it keeps giving you trouble!

> the example in the man page seems somewhat misfortunate. I would use
> an example that does not, by default, lock up the user system.
> (perhaps add a second example with the _PERM feature that shows how it
> responds.)

The link you gave does respond and allow permissions:

if (metadata->fd >= 0) {

/* Handle open permission event */

if (metadata->mask & FAN_OPEN_PERM) {
printf("FAN_OPEN_PERM: ");

/* Allow file to be opened */

response.fd = metadata->fd;
response.response = FAN_ALLOW;
write(fd, &response,
sizeof(struct fanotify_response));
}

That's the key bit of the example... If you use gdb and never get to
there, you are in a bit of trouble, I agree!