Re: PROBLEM: [Launchpad #1396889] [Lenovo ThinkPad T400] kexec reboot fails

From: MegaBrutal
Date: Fri Dec 05 2014 - 22:10:22 EST

> I suspect you're encountering a subset of the same problems as
> described in this thread:
> https://lkml.org/lkml/2014/9/30/90
>
> If you can test those patches, that may help demonstrate their utility.
>
> Thanks!

Bang ji le! It works with the patch you linked, xiexie!
I suggest it to be merged into mainline.

Anyway, is there a way to get sure that KASLR actually works now?
(I.e. how do I know if the kernel is really loaded to a random
address?)
Do you have any idea what might be different with my ThinkPad T400
that it is the only one of my machines affected?