Re: [BUG] Possible locking issues in stop_machine code on 6k core machine

From: Alex Thorlton
Date: Thu Dec 04 2014 - 10:58:54 EST

On Thu, Dec 04, 2014 at 12:34:04AM +0100, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> first of all, could you please format your mail so it is actually
> readable and can be replied to?

My fault there - stupid mistake.

> If you would provide real data instead of half baken assumptions
> we might actually be able to help you.
>
> There might be some hidden issue in the stomp machine crap, but surely
> not the one you described.

I'll return with some actual data so that others can get a better
picture of what we're seeing. I'll also see if I can come up with a
way to reproduce the issue on a smaller configuration; might not be
possible, but attempting to do so might provide some more insight into
our problem.

Thanks for your detailed description of the code path! I definitely
understand that our assumption can't be the actual problem here. I'll
dig back into the issue and try to get some better information.

Thanks again!

- Alex