Re: frequent lockups in 3.18rc4

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Wed Dec 03 2014 - 14:49:01 EST

On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 11:25 AM, Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I don't know. This piece of code:
>
> delta = clocksource_delta(wdnow, cs->wd_last, watchdog->mask);
>
> makes no sense to me.

Yeah, no, I see what's up. I missed that whole wd_last vs cs_last
pairing. I guess that part is all good. There are other crazy issues
in there, though, like the double test of 'watchdog_reset_pending'. So
I still wonder, though, since that odd 96-second delta is just insane
and makes no sense from a TSC standpoint (it's closer to a 32-bit
overflow of a hpet counter, but that sounds off too).

Linus