RE: [BUG] kzalloc overflow in lpfc driver on 6k core system

From: Elliott, Robert (Server Storage)
Date: Tue Dec 02 2014 - 17:41:20 EST

That structure includes an NR_CPU-based maskbits field, which is
probably too big.

include/cpumask.h:
typedef struct cpumask { DECLARE_BITMAP(bits, NR_CPUS); } cpumask_t;

drivers/scsi/lpfc/lpfc_sli4.h:
struct lpfc_vector_map_info {
uint16_t phys_id;
uint16_t core_id;
uint16_t irq;
uint16_t channel_id;
struct cpumask maskbits;
};

maskbits appears to only be used for setting IRQ affinity hints in
drivers/scsi/lpfc_init.c:
for (idx = 0; idx < vectors; idx++) {
cpup = phba->sli4_hba.cpu_map;
cpu = lpfc_find_next_cpu(phba, phys_id);
mask = &cpup->maskbits;
cpumask_clear(mask);
cpumask_set_cpu(cpu, mask);
i = irq_set_affinity_hint(phba->sli4_hba.msix_entries[idx].
vector, mask);

In similar code, mpt3sas and lockless hpsa just call get_cpu_mask()
inside the loop:
cpu = cpumask_first(cpu_online_mask);
for (i = 0; i < h->msix_vector; i++) {
rc = irq_set_affinity_hint(h->intr[i], get_cpu_mask(cpu));
cpu = cpumask_next(cpu, cpu_online_mask);
}

get_cpu_mask() uses the global cpu_bit_bitmap array, which is declared
in kernel/cpu.c:
extern const unsigned long
cpu_bit_bitmap[BITS_PER_LONG+1][BITS_TO_LONGS(NR_CPUS)];

That approach should work for lpfc.

---
Rob Elliott HP Server Storage